Sorrow Like No Other
Supporting the Grief of a Parent Whose Child Has Died
A booklet by Charley and Diane Monaghan
50pp, ACTA Publications, 2022
$7.95 [Discount for orders of 10, 50. 100+]
All proceeds benefit the Emmaus Ministry for Grieving Parents
After the USCCB (United States Conference of Catholic Bishops)
asked Charley and Diane Monaghan,
Emmaus Ministry founders, to briefly describe life as grieving parents,
Sorrow Like No Other: Supporting the Grief of a Parent Whose Child Has Died
This small, easy-to-read booklet is designed for
- Friends and family who want to support grieving parents
- Those who minister to grieving parents
- Grieving parents who want reassurance that they are not alone.
Succinctly, it addresses…
- Why is the grief of a parent whose child has died like no other?
- How does a mother’s grief differ from a father’s grief?
- What is it is that grieving parents need most?
- How can the loss of a child challenge a grieving couple?
- What is the special bond that all grieving parents share?
- How does the Emmaus Ministry support grieving parents?
- What are ways friends and family, congregations and parishes can support grieving parents?